Software forge with extensive project management functionality, serving mainly (but not exclusively) the :ubuntu community.
Code of conduct
Launchpad hosts the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and facilitates signing it.
Creating a Launchpad account doesn't require signing the Ubuntu COC, but posting anything to LP does (TODO: verify)
To create your own branch from an existing branch on Launchpad:
- From project visit "Code" page (https://code.launchpad.net/PROJECTNAME)
- Get branch name (default is main development branch, lp:PROJECTNAME)
- Branch from command line:
bzr branch [[lp:PROJECTNAME]] #creates folder called PROJECTNAME by default #TODO: naming options?
- Note that your branch is currently a local download only, the copy is not yet stored on Launchpad
To upload your local changes to your branch on Launchpad:
- Push from in your local branch folder:
bzr push lp:~USERNAME/PROJECTNAME/PROJECTNAME #TODO: naming options?
- New branch is listed on the project "Code" page, and on your own "Code" page (https://code.launchpad.net/~USERNAME)
To propose a merge on Launchpad:
- From the "Code" page open the Launchpad copy of your branch (https://code.launchpad.net/~USERNAME/PROJECTNAME/PROJECTNAME)
- Select "Propose for merge"
- Select the target branch and other options
- Click "Propose Merge"
TODO: how to clone, patch and feed back
Convert Bazaar repo to Git (on Launchpad)