- Disk IO (per remote disk array)
- Network IO (per server, per switch)
- Internet IO (per line)
- Internet connection speed (this network, remote network)
- Desktop -> switch: LAN connectivity
- LAN -> line: transmitter power / interference (or whatever hardware you have)
- line -> ISP: and other ISP problems
- ISP -> server: International connection (Underwater cable — Seacom)
- Repeat for any backup lines
Other connectivity problems:
- Internet is up but target server(s) are down
If connection seems dodgy/down, who do you escalate to? What if they aren't there?
If primary line is down, how do you switch to backup line?
Which domains are prioritised?
Which domains are throttled?