The Free Software Directory is a software directory (stored in semantic wiki format) hosted by the Free Software Foundation.
project | feed (recent changes) | mailing list | wikipedia | GPLv2 (Semantic MediaWiki)
Directory import project
We are looking for volunteers to help with the Directory import project.
The project enables us to import package information from free software
repositories. Long ago a friend put together scripts that we used to
import thousands of entries. But thousands upon thousands more could be
added if we update the import scripts.
- Must be free software
- Must run on GNU/Linux (may also run on Windows/Mac)
- Primary purpose is not simply interaction with/migration to proprietary system
- Migration from proprietary system is fine
- QUERY: Libremium? (Chromium, GitLab CE)
- QUERY: Store with proprietary apps (Firefox, Sandstorm) - NO
- QUERY: Libraries - focus on applications?
Submit new project https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Form:Entry
Participation guide https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Participate
Entry template https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Template:Entry
Example project URL https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Example
(Uses project title, not lowercase project name.)
Workflow documentation https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Workflow/Entry