A command line shell for when you can't use :fish
Alternative to | :fish
Add directory to $PATH
Add the following line at the end of ~/.bashrc
You can now open a new terminal and execute any command stored in /new/path
Syntax and style
- Style guide: https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/shell.xml
- Spaces around = are significant (they mustn't be there)
Other environment changes
- Which file do you edit?
- Make changes to .bashrc for them to take effect in the interactive shell
- TODO: note where these changes will not be available
- Will note below in all cases
TODO: does "login" include when you login with the standard desktop GUI?